Copy2Copy in San Diego is your best resource for perfect binding book services. Ensure a clean, crisp, and professional look by relying on our expert team for your next publishing project.
Perfect Binding is a widely used softcover bookbinding method that resembles a paperback book. Not only are paperback books light and compact, but they’re also easily portable and come in various sizes.
The pages and cover are glued together at the spine with a strong yet flexible thermal glue. The other three sides of the book are then trimmed as needed to give them clean “perfect” edges.
Perfect bound books have a square, printable spine, and the cover is usually made from paper or cardstock that is heavier than the interior pages. If desired, the cover can be clear coated to provide durability and improve appearance.
Some of the benefits of the Perfect Book Binding method are:
- Less expensive than hardcover binding methods
- Allows a high page count
- Can be used for very short production runs.
- Books can be made with a heavier weight cover for durability and longevity
- Flat spinal edge which can be printed upon
- Finished shape allows books to stack well for storage and display
- Perfect Binding provides a crisp, professional appearance